Friday, March 2, 2012

Photo improvement!

Hi Stampers,
I did a little research because I was unhappy with the quality of my photos.  I found out that some people have really fancy cameras, some people have really fancy light boxes, some have both, some only take outside photos (or in the daylight coming in through the window), and everything in between.  Well, I have a NICE camera, not fancy, but nice, and I figured I could work out something that would pep up my photos a bit.  I did not want to spend a great amount, or even a little amount of money at this point, and as crowded as my stamp room is right now I didn't want to store anything else.  I did find someone had posted a tutorial on how to make my own light box using a big box and white fabric, but again I didn't want to store anything that large (and quite frankly, not very pretty).  The price was right however so I started thinking about what I already had that I could use.  Hmmm.  I decided that whatever "box" I used had to be white- could I make one?  Well, I found a material that most of us already have on hand, or you do if you are like me and can't really throw anything away.  There is a nice piece of 12x12 lightweight cardboard in every pack of Designer Series Paper to keep the paper nice in the packaging- and it is white!  I decided that instead of a whole box I would just make a  3-sided "surround".  This worked very well, and with my OTT light right over the top the lighting was very good!  The nicest part is that it folds up flat and stores in the file with the rest of my DSP until I need it again!  This is what my set up looks like:
It's not very fancy, but it is very functional!
Here is the photo of today's project:

I can hear you oohing and aahing over this photo!  Okay, maybe not, but I know it's a noted improvement.  Next lesson: editing!
So let me tell you about this project.  I found the sketch on another blog and I liked the simplicity of it so I had to try it for myself!  I've wanted to try out the Basic Grey/Daffodil Delight color combo and this project called to it- the flowers I tried to make look like daffodils by cutting out the centers and elevating them.  The stamp set is Raining flowers.  I didn't like the one short stem they had included in the set so I used a Pear Stampin' Write marker to draw in the stem.  I cut the leaf off of another stamp so I could stamp it more easily.  I may be sorry later for cutting up the stamp but it worked well for this project!  I used the crimper for the bottom layer to give it some texture. I used the small oval and scallop oval punches and some Daffodil delight ribbon.  The final touch is the pearls in the flower centers.  It always costs me an additional .20 cents to mail my cards but it is so worth it!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment