Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Inspiration where you find it!

Hi Stampers!
I was flipping through the Sunday Target ad and I saw this:
Please excuse the photo- it is a dark and dreary day here and I'm having a really hard time with my lighting in my photos.  I don't know why but when I saw this ad I immediately thought of using the ideas to make cards.  Here is card #1:
And here it is open:
I went out of bounds on my card- I didn't want to be constrained!  Mostly what I used is a lot of punches-1/8", 1/2", 3/4", 1 1/4", 1 3/4" circles, word window, Round Tab (#119864), and the Circle Scissors Plus cutter (#112530).  If you look really closely you can see I used the negative of the scallop punch as a stencil for the waves for my whale.  The card stock is Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Tempting turquoise, Whisper White.  I used Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, and Basic Black Stamp pads.  I used Fox and Friends, again, for the whale.  That little set is getting a lot of use lately!  The greeting is from the hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes.
My next card is here:
 The little owls are so in right now and the Owl Builder punch (#118074) makes this easy!  The branches are from my Sizzix Little  Leaves Sizzlet Die (#114511).  My colors here are Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, and Whisper White.  The only ink pad I used for this card is the Basic Black!  I made a diagonal dry embossed background that you may be able to see using my Simply Scored tool.  I put my corners on the black line that I showed you previously and scored at every 3/4", turned the card and repeated.  Stampin' Up is going to release a new diagonal plate for the Simply Scored tool soon!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment