Monday, February 6, 2012

Rugged and Manly and Stuff!

I don't know about you but my Valentine is Rugged, and Manly, and Stuff, as we say in our family.  That's code for cute in the more macho fashion I guess.  My Valentine also has a birthday on Valentine's day so I do double duty on that day.  This year I thought I'd move away from the pinks and start with an earthier color palate. I let the Designer Series Paper Well Worn dictate the color scheme- River Rock, Not Quite Navy, and for the red, Cajun Craze.  I saw this cute standup card/treat holder at my friend Julie's Blog, but she hadn't posted a tutorial yet, so I made up my own pattern using a 7x7" square of DSP to make 3x3" card fit nicely in the front slot-

and then there is room in the back for a tasty treat!  I think these would make fantastic place cards for a table as well!

The little card uses the new Heart Framelits die for the Sizzix machine, the Background 1 (#114512)  Texturz plate and Perfect Polka Dots (#117335) Embossing folder, the cutter kit (#106958) to distress the heart and background, Teeny Tiny wishes stamp set for the greeting, the 3/4" circle punch, and Antique brad (#117273), and some Crumb cake seam binding.  A little sponging around the edges gives a time worn look, and notice that I used the punch from the holder to back the brad on the card and tie it all together!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment