Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine Treats

I realized I will be seeing my nephews and godchildren over the weekend and thought I better come up with some valentine treats!  It's a good way to be popular with children if you didn't already know...
I recycled the owl from Fox & Friends because let's face it- he is too cute and he works well for boys and girls.  I also stayed away from pinks too; I chose my colors mostly from the packet of m&ms I tucked inside here:
Isn't that cute?  To make it I started with a piece of Real Red card stock cut to 4x6 1/2 inches scored at 3" and 6".  After I ran it through the embossing folder I glued it with snail along the 1/2 inch tab to make a sleeve.  I punched a slit on the top through both thicknesses.  Then I took a strip of Pacific Point card stock, 1/2" x11", folded it in half, pushed the fold down into the sleeve, and fed one end through the front slit and one end through the back slit leaving a "hammock" to insert the m&m package (or whatever else you can think of).  The top ends of this strip are then glued together to keep them from pulling back through the slits and thus dropping your treat on the ground.  I pull of the strip of card stock and your treat emerges!  Isn't that great?  If I was smarter I would have taken photos while assembling this project, but hey, I'm a new blogger and still learning as I go!
Let's see, I used Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, and Whisper White card stock, 2 circle punches, heart, and a scallop punch, "be mine" is from Outlines Occasions SAB stamp set, the heart Framelits, dot embossing folder and Texturz plate for the Sizzix.

1 comment:

  1. Tyler loves loves loves his valentine. He kept putting the m&ms back in the card (even after they were all gone) to play with it! Thanks mommy :)

    ReplyDelete