Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Easter Basket Tutorial

I promised a tutorial today on how to make the cute little Easter basket I showed you yesterday.  This is my first tutorial so I hope I get it right!

Step 1:  Cut all your basket components.  Here I use Wisteria Wonder card stock and I cut the main basket out of the largest  frame in the Labels Collection Framelits (#125598), 2 basket sides 1  1/8" x 2 1/2" and a handle 3/4" x 5 1/2".  If you are making this project for a class you should know I cut all parts out of one 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" sheet of card stock.
Step 2:  Now is the time to pull out your Simply Scored tool.  I show here that I used a sharpie marker to draw a line down the 5" mark on my tool.  On my "other" brand I did this every 1" increment and I found it really useful.
You will see why in the next photo.  You will line up the tips of the "basket" on the line and score 3/4" on either side of the center (4 1/4" and 5 3/4" in the photo).
You will also score the side pieces at 1/2" and 2"
Step 3: Stamp!  If you want to decorate your basket now is the time.  Yesterday's basket was unstamped, today I used the Sale-a-bration set Fresh Vintage.
Step 4: Assemble.  Use your bone folder to make nice creases along your score lines and then sticky strip on the outside folds of the side pieces like so:

I uncover one strip at a time for easier assembly and attach them to the inside of my basket like this:

and then it looks like this:
The handle is attached with sticky strip as well:
 So cute!!!!
Step 5: Embellish!


I used the scallop punch with Limeade to edge the handle, scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle (pool party), and 1 1/4" circle for the medallion, a brad from Everyday Enchantment (Sale-a-bration), and the greeting is from my favorite Teeny Tiny Wishes.  The last thing I did was thinly cut some Lucky Limeade card stock and ran it through my Crimper (#101618).
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment