Saturday, February 18, 2012

Raining Flowers

I wanted to try a new technique I found at splitcoast stampers called Pastels on Black.  I thought the results were stunning and I was excited to use a new stamp set  called "Raining Flowers" (#122767).  I've had this stamp set for awhile and never used it (did we get it FREE at convention?).  So here is the card and then I'll tell you more about it.
Isn't it cute?  I won't go into the details of the technique because you can head over to splitcoast stampers for that.  I will tell you that I used craft white stamp pad, white embossing powder, and instead of pastel crayons I used my very old Stampin' Pastels.  I loved getting these out again!  The card stock is Whisper White, Regal Rose, and Garden Green, and Basic Black.  I used Basic Black to stamp the greeting from Elementary Elegance (a FREE Sale-a-bration set).  I had to pull out the sizzix to cut the Scallop Square (#115950) and then emboss it with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (#120175).  I couldn't resist the butterfly embosslit Beautiful Wings (#118138).  And punches- oval and scallop oval, and last but not least, the pretty ribbon is 5/8" organza ribbon (#114319).
I guess I had a ball and I thought I was going simple!  Next time, simple it is!  Go ahead and try this technique- I think the results are mighty fine!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment