Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rainbows

Hi Stampers!
Today I wanted to work on a birthday card for a friend who is turning 16 on February 29th.  Well, he's not really 16, but this will be his 16th birthday...
Okay, so I like this little stamp called "Packed for birthday" (#125746) from the occasions mini catalog.  I received it for FREE from Stampin' Up! for an incentive program that I participated in.  I love the free stamps I can earn as a SU Demonstrator.  This stamp is part of the "Packed for Everything" bundle (#127337) if you want to get all 4 stamps instead of just a single one.  This type of stamp always make me wish we still carried the rainbow pads in our catalog. I set out to make my own rainbow pad using the re-inkers.  I took a baby wipe, folded it up, and made 3 overlapping stripes of ink with Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, and Garden Green.  It took more ink than I thought to get it wet enough to ink my stamp, but here is my result:
The greeting is from "Family Reunion" (#122712) and the brads are from the brights collection (#119740).
Now that I had the baby wipe covered with ink I didn't want to waste it so I tried something else.
I stamped the same stamp with Versamark ink (#102283) on glossy white card stock and embossed it with clear embossing powder (#109130).  Then I wiped the inked up baby wipe across the card.  The embossing made a resist, and after cleaning with a tissue it really stands out.  I think I like this better- although be warned, it is messy.  My fingers are 3 different colors.  I hand cut the banners because I don't own the banner punch.  The banners are strung together with  linen thread (#104119) and decorated with 1/2 inch punches and glimmer brads (#121004).  Does anyone else have a clever way to make your own rainbow pad?
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment