Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Birthday Box

My neighbor/friend Peggy is crazy wonderful.  One of many reasons is because she remembers EVERYONE'S birthday and sends them a card, ON TIME.  Now I may remember birthdays sometimes, and I have LOTS of cards, and I may occasionally remember to sign and send said cards, but not usually all of the above and on time.  Bad, bad me.  Anyway, Peggy also manages what she calls my "Puck & Cluck" (dog and chickens) when I'm on the road, and if my dog thinks she's special she gets extra gold stars around here.  In fact, more than gold stars, I thought I'd leave her a gift this time.  I had some cute birthday cards from a recent Stamp-a-stack class so I thought I'd  make up a quick box and give them to her.  I know she doesn't read my blog yet so it will be a surprise.  I'll say it's from Puck.
Isn't it cute?  I used retired Taken with Teal card stock and Espresso ribbon for the box and bow, but everything else is in the current catalog.  I caked on the layers because it is so much fun!  The heart is a Framelit heart.  I used 3 different impressions folders (heart, background white, and the scallop edge), the 5 petal flower punch, 3/4" circle punch (that I clipped with scissors to make fluffy), a flower shaped brad, and of course, Teeny Tiny wishes.  What would I do without that set?
I should talk about the banner because it has become all the rage and it is so easy to make the banner edge.  I feed the end of my strip of paper into the corner of the square punch and snip it off- voila!  The square punch has officially become my most used and under mentioned punches.  Everyone should have one- and if you want your own just bop on over to my website and order it!  You'll be glad you did.
Here is the opened box:
  Do you think she'll like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment