Thursday, February 9, 2012

Quilt technique

I ran into my friend Edith while I was walking yesterday and she was filling me in on her latest quilting exploits, and wow, was I impressed.  My quilting, and even my sewing is no where on par with the projects she is working on, but when I got home I started thinking about a card I saw not to long ago that used what the crafter called the "quilting" technique or something like that.  I don't know where I saw the card so I thought I'd see what I could come up with on my own and here is my result:

If you look closely you can see a grid pattern that looks like quilt squares.  To get this look I got out my trusty Simply Scored tool (#122334) and scored the card at 1" increments (both directions) before I stamped it.  I added the stitch marks around the edge with a Melon Mambo Stampin' Write marker to give it more of the sewn look- you could also just sew with your sewing machine but this seemed easier.  Do you like the Dahlia flowers?  They look like the one's my sister grows in her garden- just a twinge of pink around the edge of a yellow flower.  To do that I used what is called the "rock and roll" technique.  First ink up your stamp in the main color (Daffodil Delight in this case) then roll the outside edge of the rubber image in the darker color (Melon Mambo).  Then stamp!  Make sure you clean your stamp before starting the process over so you don't muck up your lighter colored stamp pad!
Another thing I recently found out, that everyone else probably knew all along, was that the scallop circle punches out this Dahlia flower perfectly!
Supplies: Daffodil Delight ink and card stock, Melon Mambo ink and card stock and marker, Whisper White card stock, Simply Scored tool, scallop punch, button sizzlit, dimensionals, and Lucky Limeade 3/8" ruffled ribbon (#122977).  The stamp set is Button, Button(#122375)!

No comments:

Post a Comment