Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Fan for Four Frames!

Hi Stampers!
I received a text this morning that looked like this:
I think someone is hooked on stamping- don't you?  Heather is a lovely friend of my daughter and these are for the consolation gifts favors for her wedding next month.  If she sends me a photo of the finished project I will post that as well!  (We, meaning I, have always called party favors consolation gifts because when the girls were very little it seemed like small children sat and watched the birthday child open wonderous gifts while they received (or gave) a small token in exchange.  I am grateful that my children learned quickly to be gracious guests and appreciative of, and not expectant of, anything that came their way, but really, isn't it heart wrenching to watch 3 and 4 year olds at a party during "gift opening" time, trying to contain their inner demons, not able to grab and play with the delightful offerings?  Is it me?  I one time lost the word for favor in my mind and replaced it with consolation gifts in my mouth where it has inappropriately remained!)

Back to Heather.  If she's texting me stamping first thing in the morning she needs to seriously start looking at the Demonstrator kit!  If you are like Heather please go HERE!

The funny thing about this text leads back to today's posting.  Guess what stamp set I used (prior to said text)?  Four Frames of course!  I couldn't of asked for a better lead in:
I loosely cased a layout of a card on page 156 of the catalog.  You may laugh trying to find the card, loosely being a key word in the phrase, but I want to give credit where it is due.  The catalog is such a vast and wonderful resource of ideas I love browsing and looking at the designs and ideas to use in my own work.  Let me tell you about this card.  I distressed all the background elements using the tool in the Cutter kit.  I especially like the way the scallop punch looks distressed- not quite so girly I guess.  I sponged and sprayed with the spritzer tool to further age the elements.  To give the bird a little more weight and impact I stamped and cut out the image and layered it on to the tag.  I finished with some seam binding and linen thread- I like the idea of making the label into a tag.
Thanks for stopping by!
Four frames stamp set#123440w 123442c
Family Reunion stamp set #122860w 122862c
First Edition specialty Designer Series Paper #121878
Garden green card stock # 102584
Garden green stampin' pad #102272
More mustard card stock #100946
More mustard stampin' pad #103162
Stazon jet black stamp pad #101406
Daffodil delight stampin' pad #119667
Chocolate Chip stampin' pad #100908
Chocolate Chip stampin' write marker #100071
1/2"  Crumb cake seam binding #122332
Linen Thread #104199
Blender Pen #102845
Color Spritzer tool #107066
Stampin' dimensionals #104430
Crop-a-dile #108362
Decorative Label punch #120907
Scallop punch #119882 
Cutter kit #106958
Snail adhesive #104332
 
 

1 comment: