Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ain't easy being green

Hi Stampers!
I'm up to a new challenge today!  Shelli Gardner, Stampin' Up! Co-founder and CEO has a monthly challenge on her blog So Shelli and I thought I'd step up my game this week by coming up with a project for this month's challenge: Green and Growing.  Now I've told you here in the Redwood forest that spring comes slowly, but we do have green and growing.  The rainforest is ALWAYS green.  A couple of weeks ago I stamped a card with the tiny yellow violets that were just peeping out, the first of our spring flowers.  This week Forget-me-nots are dotting the perimeter under the giant redwood trees.  They are so cute and perky!  Isn't it funny that the giant redwoods have the tiniest flowers?  This project is a tribute to them:
 Oh, and the Easter Bunny.  I started with a clear plastic cup that I traced for a template by rolling it along my scratch pad with a pencil.  How come "Red Solo Cup" is now rambling through my brain just by typing the words "plastic cup"?  And will it ever go away?  I wanted the grass to be lush so I cut a second row of grass and added that as well.  Our grass here is infilled with moss so I used Lucky Limeade for the fill, cutting thin slices and running it through our Crimper tool.  I LOVE this tool- it is one of the older things I have in my tool box but I use it regularly.  The egg is from my hen house.  I wish I had Aracauna chickens so I would have blue green eggs, but don't tell my Rhode Island Reds- they have been staunch layers for 3 years now!

As an aside (another one) I have to tell you that I'm amazed that I don't have any colored plastic Easter eggs lying around here.  When my girls were small the plastic Easter eggs provided WEEKS of entertainment for them.  I'd get a bunch of plastic eggs and a couple of Easter baskets and they would take turns hiding them from each other.  Surprise and delight were not just limited to the filled eggs left by the bunny on Easter Sunday.  Of course that meant weeks of finding errant eggs post said holiday, but the rewards were worth the inconvenience.  My little darlings are grown and gone now, and the last of the plastic eggs disappeared.  Sniff.

The bunny is an assortment of punches and some daubing of Pretty in Pink ink to color the back of the feet.

Thanks for stopping by!
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set #115370
Basic Black stampin pad #101179
Pretty in Pink stampin pad #101301
Garden Green card stock #102584
Lucky Limeade card stock #122926
Pool Party card stock #122924
Daffodil delight card stock #119683
Whisper White card stock #100730
Large oval punch#119855
Extra large oval punch #119859
Scallop circle Punch #119854
1 1/4" circle punch  119861
 1 3/8" circle punch #119860
Owl punch #118074
Boho blossoms punch #119858
5 petal flower punch #119880
Sticky Strip #104294
Dimensionals #104430
Crimper tool # 101618

No comments:

Post a Comment