Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mojo Monday Challenge #238

Hi Stampers!
Another day, another challenge!  I was excited by the sketch over at Mojo Monday this week so I decided to play along.  The theme is quilt like and made me think of a quilt I made with my daughter a few years ago:
She wanted a homemade quilt to decorate her dorm room and even though she had never used a sewing machine, she thought it would be a great project for the two of us to tackle during her week home.  I was thinking simple 9 patch, not being much of a quilter myself, but of course she had grander plans!  I recruited my dear friend Jan to give us a hand, and with her help, the 3 of us completed the quilt in time for her to take it back to school.  So this quilt was my inspiration for my card:
It is quite a bit simpler than my daughter's quilt but it still evokes the same qualities to me.  I hand cut the squares and glued them onto a piece of cardstock, then trimmed the edges to make them clean.  The hearts are punched and glued on.  The greeting is from the hostess set Happiest Birthday wishes, soon to be retired.  Have you checked the retired list?  It now has the accessories listed as well as the stamps that are going to be retired- and some of those accessories are on sale- so check it out!
Thanks for stopping by!
Shop 24/7 by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment