Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gnome sweet gnome

Hi Stampers!
Today I want to use a stamp set that is going away with the Occasions mini catalog.  There are so many great sets in this catalog I wish I had them all!  However, I don't, but I do want to use the ones I have for the next couple of days before they retire.  This is the card I originally made for the Create with Connie and Mary sketch Challenge CMCC198.  
I love the details of this card.  Sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference, like the cute flower brad on the tag, and the way the words are stamped.
I've got a confession to make: I'm a hoarder.  I've hoarded these flower brads- I can't remember when I bought them, but this is the first time I've used them!  Such a shame!  USE those things you are hoarding!
I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the words.  On the stamp they appear in a straight line.  I used a marker to omit (or select) the words in each line and then used the SAMJ to place them where I wanted them.  Same with the grass and mushrooms.  Check the tutorial from yesterday's post to see how to work the SAMJ.
I also added to glitter to the lamp to make it sparkle- that may be hard to see in the photo unless you look very closely...
I saw a resin garden gnome today at a store and was tempted to purchase it- but the price tag was a bit too high for me, so this little guy will have to do!
Thanks for stopping by!
Shop 24/7 by clicking HERE!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh I NEED a gnome stamp! Is that set around still, i know you said its going soon though, can I still find it?

    ReplyDelete