Friday, March 9, 2012

D is for Dog

Hi Stampers!
I've been seeing this card on a lot of blogs like it's a new thing, however, this is a card we actually made at one of my first "stampcamps" back in 1998.  Just goes to show that good things don't go out of style!
Of course I didn't mean the actual card- just this particular fold.  I guess I would call it a carton fold, like you are securing a carton or a box, each flap folding down in a clockwise fashion with the last flap tucked under the first.  Of course it doesn't make for great photos with the shadows and all, but trust me when I say it's a pretty stinkin' cute card!  Wait a minute, that might be a bit boastful so I take it back!

My friend Jan is bringing home her new puppy this weekend.  Jan trained her last beautiful yellow lab as a search and rescue dog, and Jan and Bama volunteered many hours, days, and weeks in the service of rescuing those in need.  Her new baby still has a smooshy face and it's hard to imagine she'll be anything but cute, but Jan is committed to another service dog, although something not quite as rigorous as search and rescue, and I know they will do great things together.
I made this card for Jan for a "baby shower" for her new bundle of joy.  I haven't selected the perfect gift yet, but I hope this card makes her smile!

D is for Dog stamp set #115784
Raining Flowers stamp set #122765
Always Artichoke card stock #105119
Pink Piroutte card stock #100459
Sahara Sand card stock #121043
whisper white card stock #100730
Always Artichoke stamp pad #103008
Pink Pirouette stamp pad #111838
Sahara sand Stampin' write marker #105105
Spritzer tool #107066
Scallop Square punch #119884
1 1/4" Circle punch # 119861
Rhinestone brad #109110

Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment