Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Clean and Simple

Hi Stampers!
My Daughter is visiting from out of town, and although stamping is one of the things on her "to do" list this week we haven't gotten to it yet.  Of course I want to spend the maximum amount of time with her, yet I still want to post here, so my challenge for myself today is a clean and simple card.  This means the minimum amount of layers and embellishments, lots of white space, and a clean design that makes a statement without too much fussiness.  It sounds easy doesn't it?  Let me tell you, simple can be hard!  But not today!  Here is what I came up with:
I wanted to use the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set because I don't feel I've really put it through it's paces yet-AND it will only be around until May 30th!  Yes, as a hostess set, they retire at the end of the catalog year!  I will miss this stamp set!
I did the ol' close my eyes and pick a color from the Color Coach and I picked Basic Grey.  I used the Old Olive, Melon Mambo creative combination from the card, and I used  Creative Elements stamp set to fill up the card!
Creative Elements #122645w #122647c
Happiest of Birthday Hostess set
Basic Grey card stock #121044
whisper White card stock#100730
Melon Mambo card stock #115320
Basic Grey stamp pad #109120
Old Olive stamp pad #102277
Basic Black stamp pad #101179
Scallop circle punch #119854
1 1/4" circle punch119861
1 " circle punch #119868
Rhinestones #119246
Dimensionals # 104430


Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment