Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Color Challenge

I had such a good time working with a color challenge last week that I joined a new one this week!  The colors are- Peach Parfait (REALLY hard for me to like), Lucky Limeade, and Pool Party (Connie & Mary Challenge ccmc193).  I like this challenge because it gets me out of my comfort zone to try something I wouldn't otherwise use.  Here is what I came up with:
This challenge is made easier because the Everyday Enchantment DSP has those three colors together already so I used this as my jumping board.  This card is HEAVY on the sizzix- I had some new products I haven't used much so today was the day.  To make the ribbon all wrinkly I used my heat tool to melt it just a bit- I love this shaggy effect.  There is just a little stamping on this card- I love the Creative Elements stamp set these days, and the greeting is from Perfectly Penned.
Creative Elements stamp set #
Perfectly Penned stamp set #122890w 122892c
Adorning Accents edgelit die #125595
Adorning Accents Embossing folder #125601
Background 1 texturz plate #114512
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder # 119335
Beautiful Butterflies bigz die #114507
Whisper White card stock #100730
Lucky Limeade card stock #122926
Pool Party card stock #122924
Peach Parfait card stock #119794
Everyday Enchantment DSP #126154 SAB
Everyday Enchantment ribbon and brad pack #127279 SAB
Versamark stamp pad #102283
Basic Black stamp pad #101179
Pool party stamp pad #122938
 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the layered butterflies with the brad and how you used the edgelits! Very clever! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I'm so happy you stopped by my blog!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! The layered butterflies are so fun and love how you used the curly ribbon! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layered butterflies and the crinkly ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use the heat tool on the organza ribbon! Such a cool effect...love your layered butterfly and the background stamping on the peach inside panel! So glad you joined us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! For using colors not in your comfort zone you did a fantastic job!! This card is stunning!! I love all the details and the layout is just fabulous!! Thanks for joing us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty! I love your use of the colors and love the way you did your banner - DARLING! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute way to use some of the new products, love the edging! So glad you joined us at CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card! I really like the curled ribbon using the heat tool...a technique that I had forgotten about when the organza ribbon retired. Really like the banner. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Butterfly is so pretty on this card and I LOVE the big greeting banner!! Thanks for playing along with CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Congrats on the shout out on CCMC!

    ReplyDelete