Monday, June 25, 2012

the Wedding Proposal...

Hi Stampers!
My eldest is getting married!  She loves to say "fiance" over and over. "Fiance, fiance, fiance".  Can't say I blame her- he is pretty darn cute, rugged and manly and stuff.  She is marrying the "boy next door"  (Technically, down the street, but in this world these days that's pretty close!), has been "dating" him on and off since high school, and we're close to his parents so it doesn't seem like a big change, but I suspect it will be a good party!  I wanted to make her an organizer to write down thoughts, ideas, action lists, etc, all in one place so I took a composition book and gave it a makeover in roughly her wedding colors:
I haven't seen her actual colors yet so for purple and green I used the new Polka Dot Parade (#126902) DSP in Rich Razzleberry and complimented it with some elements made with the new Gumball green.  I rolled the Wedding Words Wheel with Gumball Green ink onto Whisper white card stock, backed in with green card stock and put it on top of the polka dots.  I cut some hearts with the Hearts Collection Framelits (#125599), embossed them with different embossing folders (Polka dot and the new Argyle), punched some flowers with the retired 5 petal punch, and finished off with a ribbon.
To stick the paper to the composition book, and make sure it adhered very well, I used the Stampin' Up glue stick.  It has a nice wide side that makes it easy to apply and it really sticks well for a project like this.
On the inside I added some tabs with the retired tab punch and also added some envelopes so she could save receipts or other important papers-

I hope this will help my Sweetie to keep organized over the next year!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to get it!!! And I didn't know you had that wheel...I just bought it. Oh well. I've used it already to make a card for the wedding we went to on Sunday, so therefore it's a good purchase :)

    ReplyDelete