Friday, June 22, 2012

Showering

Hi Stampers!
Yes, it's showering here today- pretty gloomy for summer weather but the lawn and garden are quite happy.  Actually, I'm happy to because I will spend some time in my stamp room using my new items that arrived this week.  I have several challenges I'm working on so you will see those soon.
For today I want to show you a card I made for a shower- fitting with the weather and all.  I actually missed the shower as we were out of town but I did want to give the lovely bride a small token to mark the day and of course, a card.
The bride's colors are not rose but the color made me happy (do we still call it rose romance?  I can't remember, I'll have to look it up).  Nope, Regal Rose, darn.  Rose Romance would be so much more poignant.  I used the Creative Element stamp set, a Shelli favorite, and Teeny Tiny wishes, a Mary favorite.  I stamped the flower 3 times and cut out two at smaller increments then sponged the edges to make the layers stand out a little more.  I then used dimensionals to give it more of a 3D look.
I used an embossing folder for the background and finished the card off with some pretty satin ribbon.
We now have a Sizzix die that will cut banners for different sizes- many that coordinate with stamps in the catalog.  At this point, as I don't have the die, I still cut my banners manually getting the banner edge using my square punch.  I get some flexibility with this method as I can make my banners any size up to the dimension of my punch.
Thanks for stopping by!
Shop 24/7 by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment