Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's day gift card holder

Hi Stampers!
I made this gift card holder that can be used for any of the many occasions happening this month- graduation, Mother's day, one of the million birthdays, teacher appreciation, you name it.  Here is the photo and then I will tell you about it-
Oh, I guess I should show you the inside as well!
Isn't this sweet?  I wanted to use up some of the retiring DSP and the retiring stamp sets before they go away at the end of the month.  Please check the retiring lists HERE so you don't get caught unawares!  The last day of May is the last day of the current catalog!  It is retiring a month early this year to make way for a new catalog cycle, and I'm so excited about the new catalog!  Do you want to get it for free?  Just order from me before the end of the month and I will send you the new catalog!  It's that easy.  Just go HERE to place an order!
About this project:  I used the Beyond the Garden DSP and let the colors dictate the palette.  Pacific Point is the main color and I may have cheated by using Pear Pizazz instead of Wild Wasabi for the green.  To watercolor the flower from Growing Green I first stamped it with Pacific Point ink and then bled the ink into the body of the flower with aqua painter (103954).  It has such a nice soft effect don't you think?
If you look closely you can see a "stitch line" across the bottom of  the DSP.  I used my Mat Pack (105826) and Paper Piercing tool (116631) to punch the holes and then drew a line through them with the Uni-ball signo Gel Pen (white 105021) to look like stitches.  I will make a tutorial tomorrow so check back!  I also used the gel pen to make the white dots on the scallops.  This is not just an ordinary Gel Pen.  I have had it for a few years now, it hasn't dried up and it leaves a nice color on the dark card stock- I highly recommend this pen!
Thanks for stopping by!
Shop 24/7 by clicking Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment