Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm so excited!

Hi Stampers!
I AM so excited because when I saw this challenge over at Stampercampers blog I pictured exactly what I wanted to stamp.  I rushed to my stamp room and got right to it!  Here is the sketch:
And here is my card!
I've been visualizing making pillows for my couch for 4th of July, which is funny because I never decorate for the holiday EVER, but I have been hooked on making quilted pillow covers for all my pillows.  This is what I envisioned for some reason so I applied it to my card and this is it.
Let me tell you about it, although it looks quite simple I added some interesting touches.  First off, the cherries look puffy and shiny because I applied Crystal Effects on top of the red.  I was too impatient for it to dry completely before I took my photo so the Crystal Effects is still a bit opaque, but trust me that they are shiny and clear by now!  The stitching I have shown you all before- you can look for the tutorial in my blog.  The "ribbon" is an idea I got out of the new catalog.  It is stamped card stock that I fashioned into a bow.  Is that not the coolest thing ever?  So simple and yet so effective, I love it.  The stamp set is Button Buddies and Teeny Tiny Wishes (of course) and the colors are Real Red and Night of Navy.  When is the last time you used Night of Navy?  I think the last time for me that I can remember was Christmas '10!  Surely I've used it since then but I can't remember- how funny is that.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, that would be a darling pillow and it is a great card. Love how you added the stitching to make it look more quilted! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete