Monday, May 14, 2012

boxes to match

Hi Stampers,
I made a quilt looking card for a mojo monday challenge a few weeks ago, and now that I want to use it I need a matching box to go with it.  Here is what I did:
Do you remember the card?  Here is what the set looks like together-

It's so fun to have the card and gift box match!  I'm giving this set to my youngest daughter's Mother-Out-law, whose birthday falls on the same day as the same daughter's graduation from grad school.  I love birthdays so of course we need to celebrate!  Especially because the lovely woman is spending her special day with all of us!
Here is how I made the box:
I decided that I wanted to my box to be 3"x 3"x 3/4".  I measured my card stock to be 4 1/2"x 4
1/2" and scored, using my Simply Scored (#122334) tool at 3/4" on all sides.  Do you have Simply Scored?  If you don't you should!  I clearly use mine a LOT!  On opposite sides I cut the score lines to the fold and assembled the box.  Here is what it looks like:

To make the lid I cut the card stock 1/8" larger and assembled it the same way.  I then decorated the top to match the card.
I have a nice little gift to tuck into this cute box and off we go!
The colors I used were Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, and Basic Black.  I put a sparkly rhinestone on one of the hearts to add bling!
Thanks for stopping by!
Shop 24/7 by clicking Here! 
 Do you want to get $125 in merchandise for $99?  Click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment