Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Everything but the kitchen sink

My stamping friend Elizabeth does an activity on her blog Seeing Ink Spots where she uses the scraps on her work table to make up a card.  I had some interesting scraps on my worktable so I thought I'd try it out.  Here is what I came up with:
Are you tired of the retiring in colors yet?  I love them and will be sorry to see them go.  What I found on my table is something I haven't really used- one of our paper flowers.  I found them on the retired list and put one on my table last week to inspire me.  I've been saving them for something really special, and what that means is that they've been sitting in my drawer not getting used and now they are retiring!  Why am I such a hoarder?  Why oh why?
The Peach Parfait circle was an experiment for another card I made.  I used the Simply Scored tool to make hash marks in both directions and used the white gel pen at each intersections.  I like the effect so much I used it again on the Concord Crush circle, except that I used an embossing folder for the texture on this circle.
The Daffodil Delight button is from the Button, button embosslet.  I have a whole cello bag full of the leftover buttons from when I cut out buttons.  Makes it fun!
The scallop along the bottom uses a die and embossing folder set from the occasions mini- luckily it will be in the new catalog!  Yea!  I added some white dots to this as well.  I can't remember why I cut this out but it works well here.
In case I didn't have enough I found the ribbon and added that, and ran the nice piece of leftover Pear Pizazz through the sizzix (I didn't even have to cut it down to size), added a banner, and here you go!  The best part?  SUO challenge this week is dimensional flowers so I am going to add this card to their challenge!  This is SUO Challenge #45.

1 comment: