Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm Back!

Hi Stampers,
After a very long hiatus I'm finally back!  Did you know I LOVE stamping?  I'd forgotten.  Really.  When everything is put away, the stamp room is tidy, the surfaces dusted, it's hard to remember, but it comes back oh so quickly!
I had to stamp for my oldest- it was her birthday season.  Here is what I came up with:
She has a golden retriever puppy, she loves children's storybooks, so the Storybook Friends set was just perfect.  The puppy on the stamp has spots so I used a marker to ink up the puppy and omitted the spots making him the perfect golden color (I used more mustard).  I then took my aqua-painter and "bled" the ink from the outline to color him in.  Because puppies chew everything I used the triple flower punch to make a chomp in the corner, sponged all the edges, and then used the airgun thingy (yes, I'm sure that's what it is called, not)  with the cherry cobbler marker to spatter dots everywhere, because that's what puppies do!
The words are from Family Reunion- I love that set, so handy.  I used some of my new accessories for my bigshot- the embossing folder is called something and the eyelet edge is called Finishing touches.  The brad, alas, is left over from Sale-a-bration.  Did you know that we have a new Sale-a-bration coming soon?  Check back for details.
I love making banners- they are all the rage right now.  To make my banners I use the square punch and insert the cardstock in just the corner and punch- perfect banner edges and a great use for my square punch.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment