Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Good bye

Hi Stampers-
I've been doing a lot of Christmas stamping lately but before I'm ready to hit the holiday season I wanted to show one last card.  My neighbor passed away recently.  We weren't close, just neighborly for 23 years.  Good neighbors.  We moved up the street a couple years ago so we didn't see each other often and I never realized she was even sick.  But my heart was heavy when I heard the news and I thought of the many kindnesses she showed our family as a neighbor.  My daughter was born just after we had moved to the house, right before Christmas.  She showed up at the door with a Christmas gift for my daughter, pjs,- the first time we had met.  She continued the tradition with both my girls, giving them matching pjs every year until they were almost teens.  I reciprocated when she had grandchildren by letting them come pick pumpkins in my pumpkin patch and sharing our 4th of July sparklers.
I made this card for her husband.  I don't know exactly the right words to say inside it, but the process of making the card and thinking of my neighbor made me feel close to her memory.  Goodbye Dear Neighbor.
Thanks for stopping by-

No comments:

Post a Comment