Monday, January 30, 2012

More to Sale-a-brate!

Okay, so I tried to be a little more artistic with my photo shoot- it looks to be an ongoing process.  I wanted to show some of the cool elements I used while making this card and I got some of the things in there that are important- the Everyday Enchantment Brad and Ribbon pack (I know, I love it too) and the coordinating Fresh Vintage stamp set from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  What I didn't get in the photo was the Simply Scored Scoring tool (#122334) that I used to make the nice little pleat along the bottom of the card and the Sizzix Edgelit Die (#125595 Adorning Accents) that I used to make the scallop edge.  So here's the thing, I was going for a regular box pleat so I scored every 1/4" along a strip of the Everyday Enchantment DSP but I didn't like the box pleat look with this increment so I did a half pleat at the appropriate place until I got a look that I liked.  I adhered it to the card with sticky strip to make sure it stayed in place.  I like how the pleats turned out for this project, but I'm going to keep working on the box pleat until I get it right, then I will let you know how I did it!  Remember, you can get your ribbon and brad pack, the DSP, or the Stamp set FREE with a $50 order (before shipping, handling, and tax), or order $150 and get all 3(and hostess free items too)!  Better yet, with a home workshop that totals $400 (before yada, yada) you get all 3 as well as all your other hostess items!  So many ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment