Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Elegant Bird

Today I wanted to try out my new Bigz Die Elegant Bird (#125593) and use some of the DSP that I have stashed away.  I chose Timeless Portrait DSP and it dictated my color palette- River rock, Island Indigo, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla.  I love how these colors look together!  I've used the Island Indigo very little and I'm happy to see that I'm really drawn to this color with the contrast of the cherry cobbler.  This card started with an unusual fold:
Here it is opened up so you can see it.  I took a piece of River Rock card stock 4 1/4 x 11 inches and scored with my trusty Simply Scored tool at 2 3/4" and then again at 5 1/2".  The hidden space can be used for your message or decorated to match the outside of the card.  I'm going to give this to my husband to send to his mother for her birthday so I left plenty of room for a nice message that I know he will want to write!  I finished the card with a sentiment from Teeny Tiny wishes stamp set, the word window and modern label punch, a flower with the 5 petal flower punch (in Island Indigo and River Rock), a nice bow with the white taffeta ribbon(#109070), and a glimmer brad to hold it together (#121003).  This card has a lot of impact without a lot of work!
Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment