Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mish Mash

Hi Stampers!
Today I'm posting a card that I made to use a couple of different techniques.  First, I had the sewing machine out for a project that I was working on and wanted to try gather DSP using actual stitches.  I'm not in love with this so I will probably never do it again (never say never).  I just ran a row of very loose stitches up the middle of a strip of DSP and then gently gathered.
It gave a rumply ribbon type look.  The next thing I did was "suede" technique on the blue scallop circle punch.  To do this you crumple up your card stock and smooth it out several times.  If you have the crimper you can run it through that several times as well.  When you think you are crazy, rub it over the edge of the table several times.  What this eventually does is break down all the fibers in the card stock and you can pull it apart into 2 pieces that are very soft and sueded.  Is sueded not a word?  My spell checker does not like it but I'm keeping it.
I used Creative Elements stamp set, Midnight Muse and the new Raspberry card stock, Midnight Muse and Basic Black ink pad, Versamark ink pad, Scallop circle punch and 1 1/4" circle punch, an embossing folder, and Teeny Tiny wishes.
Thanks for stopping by!
Shop 24/7 by clicking HERE!http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment