Thursday, December 13, 2012

Flurry of a card

Hi Stampers!
I've enjoyed the new Snowflurry Bigz die that I purchased for the Big Shot.  We don't get snow here in the redwoods very often, but the evergreen trees make me think of the mountains and snow this time of year.  That and who doesn't love a snowflake?
This was a test piece but I like the final outcome so I'm sharing it with  you!  I used the craft white ink pad to stamp the snowmen (Frosty Friends) and then I used the  "negative" from the snowflakes I had punched to stencil the snowflakes on the card, again using craft white ink.  The green banner is run through the big shot with the Delicate Designs embossing folder and then the end is punched with my faithful square punch.  I topped the 2 stacked snowflakes with a cheery red button and some linen thread.  The words come from my new Greetings of the Season stamp set.  I'm hoping this set will be in the new catalog next June.  If not, I have gotten a lot of use out of it this holdiday season!
The card is a retired Taken with Teal- but we have other nice blues that would work well in it's place.  Island indigo, maybe.  The green is lucky limeade.  If you like this color as much as I do be sure to stock up- it will retire at the end of this catalog!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment